Information required for all building permit:
- Property tax number of construction site.
- Road or street of construction site, including numbered address if known.
- Homeowner’s name and current mailing address.
- Current copy of contractor’s license for permits obtained by a contractor. Contractor must completely fill out all of Section II, Part C.
- Section VI, Applicant Information, must be completed and signed by applicant.
Below required for building permit only:
- One (1) copy of building plans and specifications drawn to scale with sufficient detail to show:
- Floor plan, indicating room use, size, door and window placement and window size.
- Elevation, showing grade, size and height of structure, etc.
- Construction plans indicating specification of materials used; foundation type, size and width; wall construction type, size and spacing; truss placement.
- Truss specification sheet for engineered trusses.
- Sealed prints required for ALL commercial construction.
- Sealed prints required for residential construction where habitable living space equals 3500 sq.ft. or greater.
- Well and/or Septic Permit, if applicable. Issued through local Michigan Health Department.>>Michigan Health Department Directory Web Site
- Approval of existing well and septic system, if applicable. Issued through local Michigan Health Department.>>Michigan Health Department Directory Web Site
- Soil and Erosion Permit, if applicable. Issued through Missaukee County Conservation District.>>Missaukee conservation Directory web site
- Driveway Permit, if applicable. Issued through Missaukee County Road Commission.
- Land Use Permit, if applicable. For construction within the city limits of Lake City and McBain. Issued through each city’s zoning administrator.
- FAA Approval (tower permits only).
- Copy of land lease agreement (tower permits only).