**Missaukee County Sheriff’s Office and Missaukee County are proud to announce a partnership with the Michigan Association of Counties. We are now participating in the US Flag Retirement Program. The flag retirement box is located in the Sheriff’s Office lobby for public use.
Please Call Ahead at 839-7264 Ext. 305 to confirm a VSO is in the office
All military veterans, their widows and families are invited to inquire as to what state and federal benefits may be available either from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs or the State of Michigan.
A sample of benefits from the State of Michigan may include, but are not be limited to:
- emergency financial assistance
- dependents tuition to state supported colleges
- residency in state veteran homes for veterans and/or spouse
- Burial benefits for war-time veterans paid through the county.
U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs benefits may include:
- health care at the U.S.D.A.V.A. medical centers or community based outpatient clinics
- service connected disability benefits
- non-service connected pension benefits for disabled, low income veterans
- death and indemnity compensation for survivors of disabled veterans
- death pension benefits for low income widows of veterans
- VA home loan guaranty
- education benefits for recent veterans
- burial in a national cemetery
- headstone for veteran graves
MISSAUKEE VETERAN AFFAIRS COMMITTEE
Committee meets the first Thursday of every month at 1:00 P.M. at the Missaukee County Annex Bldg., 105 S. Canal St. Lake City
Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency
U.S. Deparment of Veterans Affiars-Veterans Benefits Administration
About This Department
The Missaukee County Office of Veteran Affairs is open on Mondays & Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Office Address :
Missaukee County Annex Bldg
105 S. Canal St.
P.O. Box 800
Lake City, MI 49651
Phone: 839-7264 Ext 305
If the office is closed please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible.
Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency CVSF Emergency Relief Guidelines
Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency CVSF Emergency Relief Application
MILITARY RECORDS FORMS